This popular symposium is a 2-day event which combines practical activities and guidance with inspiring ideas to fuel the imagination!
- Hear about the latest research and practice in technology-enhanced learning related to LLAS subjects and Higher education generally
- attend our practical workshops for discussion, guidance and tips on teaching and learning with technology
Topics to be covered will include:
- An exploration of the impact of technology on humanities research and teaching
- Analysis of the power of game-based learning in student motivation and engagement for language learning
- Description of research and key findings from a recent publication on effective methods for blended teaching
- Using social media for peer feedback and discussion boards in translation classes
- Blended approaches to pre-sessional courses for EAP students
- Language learning in virtual worlds
- Presentation of an e-tool linking issues of employability to language learning
- Investigations into the use of Apps and smartphone technology in language learning
- Student experiences of technology in different cultural contexts
- Social networking in tandem learning
- Blogs for Spanish medical students
LLAS will be live streaming the three keynote speakers. To view the livestream visit http://www.llas.ac.uk/livestream. All sessions will be recorded and available on our website after the event.
Please note: To watch the LLAS livestream you will require a computer that has Microsoft Silverlight installed. To check if you meet these requirements please vist http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight
Tweets about the conference use the twitter hashtag #LLASelearn12. We encourage you to tweet before, during and after the conference to share your experience with the whole community.